What do I get?
– High quality, seasoned firewood delivered to your door
– Opportunities to come out into the woods and see what we’re doing
– A newsletter about Blackbark’s woodland projects and events
– Advice on efficient burning of wood
How much does it cost?
There is a sliding scale payment system so that using wood as a fuel remains affordable to as many people as possible. Our better-off customers are asked to pay slightly more so that those with less money can still afford to use the Firebox scheme. This relies entirely on trust and honesty, you must self-diagnose your wealth :) There are three price bands for those on no- or low-income, average income, and high income.
Please note that on-demand firewood sales during the winter months (October – March) are not sliding scale – this is for customers joining the scheme in advance.
Your investment will allow…
– Restoration of neglected woodland and establishment of coppice rotations
– Planning of firewood sales to ensure a reliable supply
– Investment in seasoning and storage facilities and essential equipment
– Training of local craftspeople
If you have any questions at all, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jacques on 07815 905382.